Thursday, February 04, 2010

Lancelot Link Thursday

Lancelot Link Thursday! For those of you who buy Playboy for the articles, here are some articles about screenwriting and the biz that may be of interest to you. Brought to you by that suave and sophisticated secret agent...



1) Yes, they are doing a Broadway Musical version of AMERICAN PSYCHO!

2) Fun Facts About This Year's Oscars!

3) GLADIAVATAR? It's like GLADIATOR meets AVATAR.

4 POCAHAVATAR? It's POCHAHONTAS meets AVATAR.

5 FERN GULLAVATAR? You know AVATAR really is the same movie as FERN GULLY.

And...
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!

The Script Secrets website is funded out of my pocket - I pay for the web hosting, I pay to keep the pop-up ads off the messageboards, I paid for an ad in Movie Maker Magazine... I pay for everything! And I do everything - from writing the code to writing the script tips to writing the script tips themselves. Since this site costs me money to run, my "payment" is in the number of people who read the tips everyday. I want to get as many people to come to the website as possible, and you can help!

1) Tell your writer friends about Script Secrets - www.ScriptSecrets.Net !
2) Mention it on writing message boards!
3) Talk about the site at writer's group meetings.
4) Link it in your writer's group's newsletter!
5) Get a tattoo on your butt with the website address and moon everyone you see!

Help me get the word out about my website! Thanks!

- Bill

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

TODAY'S SCRIPT TIP: 110 Pages - No Waiting - and why there's always an available parking space in the movies.
Dinneer: Subway sandwich - spicy Italian, if you must have all of the facts.
Movies: EDGE OF DARKNESS - review to come.

Pages: Okay, this is the "reading period" on one of my assignments, so I'm using it as a writing period on an unfinished spec from last year - 2nd Son. I wrote over 7 pages today, and 3 the day before and 5 the day before that. Took a while to get back into the story, but that is where I am now. This block of story I'm working on now is exposition and character stuff - my people have been running for a while and stop to catch their breath. One of the things I seem to do often in scripts is to have this midpoint where everyone questions what they are doing and it turns into a debate about what is the best plan of action and who should lead and is the guy who is the protagonist on the right track or a complete idiot who is going to get them all killed. That's the scene I just finsihed up. I'm feeling great because I'm writing a script that is *mine* and I don't have to worry about weird notes and ideas from some guy in marketing that suck. And the script is fun - I keep forgetting how *fun* it is to write.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Do you get many hits on scriptsecrets from search engines? I was thinking that redirect thing you do on the front page might keep search engines from indexing the site properly. If you want to talk about some minor things that I think would improve the way search engines handle your site, shoot me an email.

Anonymous said...

Bill,

You have a terrific site and deserve to get more traffic and click-throughs. I've followed your site for years. I tell people about it all the time and when I finally put up my own blog (focused on directing indies) yours was one of the first sites two I included in my blog roll. (www.DouglasHorn.com)

eXTReMe Tracker