Saturday, October 06, 2012

Raindance Winners


Tonight they had the award ceremony at the Raindance Film Fest in London and I got to announce and then hand out the award for Best Debut Feature (I was on that jury and one other), so here are the winners...

BEST INT'L SHORT - BUZKASHI BOYS.

BEST UK SHORT - THE PUB.

BEST DOC FEATURE - BALLROOM DANCER.

BEST UK FEATURE - LOVE TOMORROW. (my jury)

BEST DEBUT FEATURE - INDEBTED. (my jury - and one of my favorites at the fest... a no budget thriller from Finland that is as if Sam Fuller directed Bergman's PERSONA. I presented this award, and it was cool to give the award to one of my favorites from the fest.)

BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE - LAURENTIE.

BEST SHORT OF THE FEST (Oscar eligible) - BUZKASHI BOYS.

BEST FEATURE OF THE FEST - HOW DO YOU WRITE A JOE SHERMANN SONG (my favorite film at the fest - a kickstarter funded musical that is amazing! After the awards I went to dinner with the filmmakers and I'm not sure it had sunk in, yet that *they won*. This film plays Nov 1 in NYC at the Landmark Sunshine Cinemas @ 7:30... see it!).

Didn't win anything because it wasn't in competition but still amazing: LOVELESS ZORITSA, a Tim Burtonesque rom-com about a woman with a curse - any many who falls in love with her dies in some oddball FINAL DESTINATION way. Love this film! 

I fly back to LA on Tuesday... hope to get a bunch more reviews up before then!

- Bill

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker